Original Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 1964 rare factory print of the master technical drawing showing various profiles of the car. It is a copy made in the ’70s from the original drawing and it was used by the Alfa Romeo factory in Arese, Milan, Italy.
The Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ (Tubolare Zagato) was a sports and racing car manufactured from 1963 - 1967. It featured a 1.6L twin-cam engine and other components shared with the Alfa Romeo Giulia but was a purpose-built sports racing car with a tubular spaceframe chassis and a light all-aluminium bodywork made by Zagato. In 1964 the TZ was homologated (100 units needed for homologation) for the Gran Turismo category. Only 112 units of the TZ were built and they are quite collectables nowadays with list prices around US150k - 200k US. A new version of TZ was introduced at the Turin Auto Show in 1964 called the TZ2. To reinforce the structure and further reduce the car's weight, Zagato replaced the light alloy body with a more streamlined fibreglass body. Only 12 TZ2's were built.
The original 1/10th scale blueprint was drawn on 28/02/1966 and the workshop copy was executed on 04/02/1969.
85 x 60 cm
The blueprint is accompanied by our EVC certificate to provide proof of authenticity.
The drawing is printed on semi-transparent yellowish acetate tracing paper. It is a nonflammable mildew-proof material that Alfa Romeo used in their factory workshops.
Some of the blueprints show a red stamp on them showing “RICHIESTO DIPRE ESPE” which means it was requested by the DIPRE ESPE experimental department of Alfa Romeo at Portello.
International Shipping Available
EU / USA / CAD International Traceable Shipping: €20 (5 - 7 days)
Worldwide International Traceable Shipping: €25 (7 - 10 days)
Please note that this blueprint is a rare collectable and not a commercially printed product. I don’t offer returns on them. The blueprint is 50 years old and has imperfections and fading. If the blueprint is damaged by the courier, please get in touch via email within 4 weeks with photos and a description of the damage.
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 1964 Blueprint
Luigi Fusi has redrawn and preserved many pre-war original Alfa Romeo blueprints because many were partly destroyed during WWII. Fusi joined Alfa Romeo in 1920 and he began as an archivist in the technical department, a time when designs used Indian Ink. Between 1920 - 1937 Fusi worked largely in the competitions department, first as a draughtsman and then as a designer. In 1955, Fusi was appointed Head of Control Drawings, a position he kept until his retirement in 1967. After his retirement, Alfa Romeo kept him as curator at their Hall of Fame museum just outside Milano. There, Fusi was Alfa's link with the past, and for a time he remained a part of Alfa's living history and an important part of the company's heritage. Fusi wrote many books, the most famous is considered the Bible of the Alfisti: Alfa Romeo, TUTTE LE VETTURE DAL 1910. “ALL CARS FROM 1910”. Fusi died in 1996.
The Arese Plant was Alfa Romeo’s head office for more than two decades prior to 1986 when the Fiat Group purchased Alfa Romeo in 1986. Arese then became one of the assembly plants of the Fiat Group. Fiat didn’t want to preserve the old blueprints and most of them ended up being recycled. Plant workers have taken some of these prints home and shared them with friends and family who kept them in their collection. There are only a handful of copies out there which makes them very rare.
Today, the Arese plant is almost closed and abandoned since Fiat has moved design and production to other factories inside and outside of Italy. The company's final manufacturing activities at Arese ended in 2005 when the Alfa Romeo V6 engine production stopped.